- 2020 Our Favorite Picks Compared
- Best Bathroom Exhaust Fan with Bluetooth Speaker Reviews
The bathroom is a place where we maintain personal hygiene. It is where we wash out germs from our body and where we use various commercial chemicals to help in removing these germs. All of these reasons make the bathroom one of the most humid and odorous environments in the home.
Building technology indicates that ventilation is needed to clear out the humid air, dry out the wet environment, and remove all the scents and odors. Apart from having windows, it is highly recommended that a bathroom exhaust fan or ventilator be installed to keep the bathroom aired out, dry, and, in effect, clean.
Then again, we can’t help but ask: Why get a regular exhaust fan when you can have the best bathroom exhaust fan with Bluetooth speakers?
2020 Our Favorite Picks Compared
Why Pick a Bathroom Fan with Bluetooth Speaker
Having a well-maintained bathroom is something we all desire to have. On another note, relaxation is also one of the requirements for a good shower or bathing experience. Have you noticed how some hotels embed music into most spaces, including the bathroom? This is because one way of inducing relaxation while bathing or taking a shower is by introducing music into the bathroom.
Among the many exciting inventions of the modern world are exhaust fans with built-in Bluetooth speakers. With a device like this, it is possible to easily listen to music while taking a shower or a long bath in the tub. It removes the necessity of bringing in a separate electronic device in the bathroom, where it can get wet and be damaged.
With one, you can happily sing to a tune, hum to a song, or listen to the early morning news while doing your morning bathroom routine.
In addition to the audio and Bluetooth capabilities, a device like this does all the work that any ordinary bathroom exhaust fan can do. It airs out the bathroom and removes all scents and odors. As a result, it helps lower the risk of spreading mold and mildew on the bathroom tiles.
Best Bathroom Exhaust Fan with Bluetooth Speaker Reviews
If you are looking to replace your bathroom exhaust fan and try to incorporate music into the bathroom at the same time, take your pick of the best bathroom fan with built-in Bluetooth speakers from the following:
1. Broan-NuTone SPK110 Exhaust Fan with Bluetooth-Enabled Speaker
- FAN COMBO: Exhaust fan with built-in Bluetooth Dual High-Fidelity Sensonic Speakers is powerful enough for rooms (including bathroom) up to 105 sq. ft.
- WIRELESS STEREO: Brilliant audio performance concealed behind your fan grille allows audio through most Bluetooth-enabled devices
- EASY INSTALLATION: Easy to install and/or replace existing product for DIY'ers. Fan fits 2"x 8" ceiling construction and includes unique spacer for easy I-joist mounting
- RELIABLE: Motor engineered for continuous operation at 1.0 Sones and 110 CFM for your convenience
- SAFE: This ENERGY STAR* qualified fan is UL listed for use over bathtub or shower when installed with a GFCI protected branch circuit. Type IC for use in direct contact with thermal insulation
Being a global leader in residential ventilation and indoor air quality for 85 years, Broan has incorporated exemplary customer service with indoor air quality innovations.
Broan products assist a building project in meeting the requirements of major green building programs. These programs include ENERGY STAR ratings for energy efficiency, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) ratings for homes, and the Model Green Home Building Guidelines by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB).
One of this company’s products is the Broan SPK110 Exhaust Fan with Bluetooth Speaker. This unit has a modern look owing to its relatively curved edges despite the square shape. Its grille is made of plastic, and its innovative design is a result of extensive studies by airflow designers.
At 11 pounds, it is housed in a sturdy, corrosion-resistant, galvanized steel enclosure, which makes it lightweight and easily supported by the ceiling joists. Easy installation also comes with its simple design.
The ventilation fan and motor has been engineered to operate smoothly with a 1.0-sone rating that indicates it is whisper-quiet. Its fan is a dynamically balanced centrifugal blower wheel. And because of this, you cannot even tell whether the fan is turned on while hearing sound from the speakers. It transfers 110 cubic feet of air per minute and feeds the air into a four-inch round exit duct, which is also included in the product packaging.
The SPK110 model has an energy-efficient permanent split capacitor motor that makes it ENERGY STAR qualified. Connect this device to a GFCI protected branch circuit to be U.L. listed for use above bathtubs and showers.
The Broan SPK110 has dual speakers with high-fidelity sound and Bluetooth wireless technology with a range of up to 10 meters. Both speakers offering excellent sound performance are concealed behind the exhaust fan grille. Connect any device that supports Bluetooth, and play your music effortlessly while enjoying a relaxing bath.
Finally, this product offers a three-year limited warranty on services. Just contact Broan, and their excellent customer service team will direct you to the closest service center.
- Can be mounted onto ceilings having up to 12/12 pitch
- Included non-metallic damper/duct connector
- Removable speaker assembly
- Removable blower assembly
- Smart controls can be purchased separately
- Low RPM for quiet operation
- Energy saving
- Speaker power connection dependent on fan power supply
- Some fan noise complaints
- Heaviest exhaust fan among those in this list
2. Delta BreezSignature VFB25ADBT Vent Fan with Bluetooth Speaker
- Energy Star qualified with innovative brushless DC motor technology. Put screws in both ends of wood beyond the 10 1/4 inch hole
- Long-lasting, brushless DC motor engineered to operate minimum 70,000 hours
- Quiet operation at 1.0 sone, so you hear your entertainment, not the Fan, includes a built-in Bluetooth 2.1, stereo speaker 4 ohm 2W x 2
- Speaker safety rating of IPX4 for water resistance, play audio through most Bluetooth wireless devices, attractive grille complements any décor
- Convenient device-to-speaker range of 32', UL and CUL listed for tub/shower enclosure when used with gfci-protected branch circuit wiring
Delta Electronics, Inc. has been providing innovative, clean, and energy-efficient solutions for a wide range of purposes since 1971. They started working on power supply switching technologies, and it did not take long until they began working on the mass production of DC fans.
Fast forward to recent events in the company, Delta is now an industrial leader in components, power systems, thermal management, automotive electronics, industrial and building automation, and infrastructure solutions.
A small cog in Delta’s industrial empire is the development of residential ventilation systems. Included in its ventilation fan series is the BreezSignature vent fan with Bluetooth speaker.
With its remarkable low power consumption and quiet performance, it surpasses the ENERGY Star qualification requirements by a staggering 292% rating. As such, the computed annual energy costs reach an average of USD15.00. Its quiet operation has a sound level measuring only 1.0 sone.
The Delta BreezSignature uses a brushless DC motor from Delta’s long line of developments in motor design. It has been engineered to continuously run for a minimum time of 70,000 hours. This product also offers a three-year warranty. The fan can transfer room air at a rate of 110 cubic feet per minute, making it suitable for medium to large-sized bathrooms.
Weighing only 7.52 pounds, this bathroom vent fan is relatively easy to install. The cover grille design imitates the surface of a ceiling-mounted speaker, making its speaker function more obvious. One would not notice that it also functions as a bathroom ventilation fan while the music is on. What’s more, this grille design can adapt to almost any décor you have in your bathroom.
Its speaker offers a convenient 32-foot Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity range and a pair of two-watt stereo drivers with a separate subwoofer in a four-ohm device. This combination within a speaker can provide significantly better sound quality and sound depth. This exhaust fan has been built with a speaker system that is drastically improved compared to lower-end models, such as the BreezIntegrity also by Delta.
- Optional built-in controls for adjustable fan speeds and sensor switching
- Saves up to 71% energy
- Has a green LED power indicator
- UL and cUL-listed to be used above shower or tub enclosures with GFCI connections
- Attractive grille design
- Speaker with an IPX4 rating for water resistance
- Speaker power also dependent on fan power supply
3. Homewerks Worldwide 7130-03-BT
- OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE: This Homewerk's bath fan with Bluetooth speaker ensures comfort in your home by quietly eliminating moisture and humidity in the bathroom. This exhaust fan is 1.5 sones at 90 CFM which means it’s able to manage spaces up to 90 square feet.
- STREAM MUSIC WIRELESSLY IN YOUR BATHROOM: The built in Bluetooth speaker will connect to most Bluetooth enabled devices. From your Apple iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, iOS, Android, iPads and Android Tablets. The connection is strong, up to 30 feet away so you can leave your smart device in another room so you don’t have to worry about moisture damage to your smart phone or tablet.
- BUILD QUALITY: Designed to be corrosion resistant with its galvanized steel construction featuring a modern yet simple style. UL certified and HVI listed. The Bluetooth speaker is moisture resistant and will provide clear crisp audio for a long time.
- EASY INSTALLATION: This exhaust bath fan is easy to install with its no-cut design and ceiling mount ventilation. Includes quick connect wire connectors and mounting hardware.
- HOMEWERKS TRUSTED QUALITY: Be confident in the quality and construction of each and every one of our products. We ensure that all of our products are produced and certified to regional, national and international industry standards. We are proud of the products we sell, you will be too. 3 Year Limited warranty on the fan and 1 year warranty on the speaker.
Homewerks Worldwide develops and sources highly innovative, quality, and efficient products for home improvement. They specialize in bathroom and kitchen fixtures, accessories, and appliances. They also offer bathroom décor and furniture and plumbing specialties, such as valves and plumbing lines.
Manufacturing sensor-activated showerheads and vent fans with integrated Bluetooth speakers is their forte.
One of Homewerks Worldwide’s bathroom exhaust fans equipped with a Bluetooth speaker is the 7130-03-BT Bath Fan. With this exhaust fan and its integrated Bluetooth speaker, you can stream audio wirelessly while enjoying all your bathroom routines.
The speaker connects to most Bluetooth-enabled devices, including tablets, smartphones, and laptops. Like most Bluetooth devices, it delivers audio to a range of 30 feet. Devices connecting to this speaker only require initial setup; they connect automatically the next time it moves into range.
The whole setup is enclosed within a galvanized steel construction, which resists corrosion. The vent fan is quiet, with a loudness rating of 1.5 sones. This is a bit higher compared to the other fans on this list. The airflow capacity of this exhaust fan is 90 CFM, and the device is UL certified for installation above bathtubs and shower enclosures with a GFCI connection.
Compared to the other options that have square surface covers, the 7130-03-BT Fan has a round cover that is 14 inches in diameter. It looks like a typical ceiling-mounted speaker. This design masks the bathroom vent fan function by indicating that it is a surface-mounted speaker.
- Includes mounting hardware
- Easy to install with quick-connect wires
- Very lightweight device at only 5 pounds
- Impressive airflow capacity
- Quiet operation
- Relatively quiet but the loudest among the fans on the list
4. Delta BreezIntegrity ITG70BT
- Quiet operation at 1.0 sones. Installs with two wall switches (not included) to turn on the speaker or the fan - or both at the same time
- Bluetooth 3.0 speaker, 3W and 4 Ohm. Connectivity to most Bluetooth enabled smartphones, laptops and tablets
- Energy Star qualified for efficient cost-saving operation
- Power consumption of 8.4 Watts with an efficiency rating of 10.6 CFM/Watt
- Peace of mind. Quality, performance and reliability from the world's largest DC brushless fan manufacturer
- 0.22 A
As indicated above, Delta Electronics, Inc. has a vast array of products to offer. Understanding its long list of ventilation fans will yield information regarding various certifications that their products provide.
These include HVI certifications, California Title 24, and ASHRAE 62.2 compliance ratings, as well as UL listings both in the US and Canada.
The smaller version of the BreezSignature is the BreezIntegrity exhaust fan. The BreezIntegrity transfers air at a lower rate of 70 CFM as it alternatively has an average annual energy cost of only USD9.00. This makes it a better choice for a smaller-sized bathroom.
Its built-in speaker has Bluetooth 3.0 technology, providing connectivity for up to 32 feet. However, it only has one three-watt speaker at four ohms. With its power rating of 6.6 watts and an efficiency rating of 10.7 CFM/watt, it has been granted the 2020 ENERGY STAR Most Efficient Award. Apart from lower energy consumption, it also weighs only six pounds.
Aside from these factors differentiating it from the BreezSignature, the BreezIntegrity also has the slick grille design, making it compatible with any bathroom decorations. It has the same brushless DC motor that can operate for a minimum of 70,000 hours. It also offers a three-year warranty period.
This bathroom vent fan operates quietly at the same rating of 1.0 sone with 0.1 static pressure. It is certified by the Home Ventilating Institute (HVI). Listen to music, real-time weather, traffic, or sports news while refreshing your bathroom air with the award-winning BreezIntegrity exhaust fan with built-in Bluetooth speakers.
- Has a blue LED indicator for Bluetooth pairing
- Compact enclosure for easy retrofitting and installation
- Speaker and fan switch can be setup separately or into one switch
- IPX4 speaker safety water resistance rating
- Attractive grille imitating speakers
- Good for small bathrooms
- Small for large-sized bathrooms
Here are the most important things to look for when choosing the good bathroom vent fan with built in Bluetooth speaker.
1. Airflow Capacity (CFM)
A bathroom exhaust fan has the capability to move air from within the bathroom and out to the open air through ventilation pipes. This capacity to transfer air is measured using the volume of air being transferred within a particular time. Choose the right airflow capacity needed for proper ventilation.
The unit of measurement for airflow capacity is cubic feet per minute, abbreviated as CFM. Determine the volume of your bathroom, and find out how many minutes it takes for a particular exhaust fan to completely change the air inside.
2. Fan Noise Rating (sones)
As for most devices with an embedded electric motor, a bathroom exhaust fan can emit noise. Manufacturers use sones as the unit for measuring this loudness.
Generally speaking, any exhaust fan with a loudness rating of 1.0 sonde or lower is exceptionally quiet. Cross-check this rating with the embedded speaker’s sound quality. Fan noise can easily affect the sound quality coming from the built-in speakers.
3. Speaker Sound Quality
Sound travels differently inside unalike spaces. The finishes on your bathroom ceiling, floor, and walls may affect sound quality from the speakers on any source. The location of this source may also affect the quality of the sound coming from it.
Since bathrooms are typically tiled rooms, there is a high possibility of inducing echo. With that said, you would want to locate your speakers away from highly reflective surfaces.
Even if the sound quality assessment can be better determined when a sound source has been installed, it is possible to have these devices tested before purchase and installation. Check for specifications included with the product; some offer dual speakers, while others provide high-fidelity sound.
4. Energy Consumption
Keeping your bathroom ventilated does not have to cost you too much electricity. Most bathroom vent fans with a Bluetooth speaker incorporate low energy consumption, but some are more energy-efficient than others.
Most units even come with ENERGY STAR certification.
Look closely and check a product’s energy consumption rating before deciding if it is the right one for you. Base this decision on how big an exhaust fan a bathroom needs for sufficient ventilation.
The best bathroom exhaust fan with Bluetooth speakers should not only be silent in operation. It must also have enough airflow capacity and good sound quality. Most of these choices offer quality sound while delivering excellent venting capabilities.
No matter which bathroom exhaust fan you choose from this list, it all boils down to your preferences. Obvious differences appear in the cover shape and grille design. Some exhaust fan covers are round, while most are square with curved edges. Some grille designs are more traditional and look like air vents on any ventilation device. Others have the appearance of ceiling speakers.
Don’t just choose the look that best suits your bathroom. Instead, check for airflow and air change rate requirements for proper ventilation and test Bluetooth speaker connectivity and sound quality before purchasing.